Video stories should be stories about other people, not the filmmaker. Focus on the lives of everyday people. We’re looking for authentic stories of rural living, not publicity pieces about governments, NGOs or businesses and what they might be doing in rural areas. Solidly produced documentaries can be up to 30 minutes in length, but most submissions will likely be under ten minutes. Submit in .mp4 or .mov format. Be sure to use titles in the bottom third of your screen to identify interviewees and/or locations. Videos with poor sound will not be accepted. Use a good external mic to capture excellent audio. Do not use any music under copyright to an artist.
- An embedded video should be followed by an explanatory article.
- Videos should be in 16:9 (Widescreen) ratio whenever possible although older material will be in 4:3 ratio.
- Videos should be uploaded at a minimum resolution of 720 (1280 x 780 pixels).
- Videos should be embedded into the page using the YouTube Free plugin which automatically strips the YouTube branding from the video and prevents related videos from playing at the end.
- All videos must have descriptive text incorporating key words that would be used by search engines to ensure potential viewers can find the article.
- Limit of one video per article. If an article is comprised of multiple videos, those videos are to be edited together into a single video.
- A photo must be used as a featured image. That photo will show up on the front page (and category views) for the article, as well as being the default image selected by social media when the article is shared. This photo can be a related image to the video or a still from the video itself.
- All videos must have an attribution. Attribution for the article/video must be placed at the bottom of the article.
- It is important to note that ultimately all videos embedded on the site should reside in an account owned by PARNS. You can ask us to take down your video at any time and at no time do we assume ownership of your work.
- All videos reside in the PARNS account so we can ensure that they can be viewed on demand.
- Headers such as the one used to mark this section (see above) should be set to H3